Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

NHA TRANG - TAKE CARE

Posted by gozub on 12/4/2009 at 19:43

Posted from within Vietnam.

I was in a bicycle, my backpack in the basket in front of the bike.

When I was riding, two guys in a motorbike passed next to me and they took my backpack. I followed them.... but I didn't have a a chance with a bike.. too fast.

I lost important things.

Of course now I think ... "I'm so stupid, how can I bring my backpack in the basket of the bike"... But I didn't expect something like that. Nobody told me.

Of course I'm in a terrible mood now.. like a nightmare. I'm not enjoying the trip in this moment, and probably I'm not going to do it in the next days.

Somebody told me that there is a theft mafia here. They work on the street, beach, even in the hotels. So the best advice is, never ever leave your belongings out of your hands.

Please take care.

Gonzalo

#1 gozub has been a member since 12/4/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/4/2009 at 10:09 admin

Exact same thing happened to me in Krabi a few years ago -- sorry to hear about your bad experience.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,577
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.