Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Avoid saigon hotel -Thai Nhi mini hotel

Posted by allatsea3 on 4/5/2009 at 13:50

surly rude obnoxious staff especially if you use their internet supposed to be for guests deliberately belching and callng out to distract. refused to give clean towels and soap .AVOID

#1 allatsea3 has been a member since 3/3/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by beachgirl on 4/5/2009 at 16:08

allatsea3 seems you didn't enjoy Vietnam, as both your posts you have complained. You don't have anything positive to say?

#2 beachgirl has been a member since 25/4/2009. Posts: 8

Posted by tristan99 on 9/5/2010 at 23:10

Posted from within Vietnam.

i can second allatsea after staying at this hotel with my wife and one other couple 2 days ago.

while we were there the following happened:
1. the young guy working there ran out with a metal bar to try to belt somone before being stopped by 3 women
2. our friends accidentally locked their keys in their room - after asking for 400,000 dong to open the room because there was no spare, after some argument a spare key was mysteriously produced and the door opened
3. my wife then locked our keys inside, and after being told the same treatment, and asked for 400,000 dong for a locksmith because there was no spare key for our particular room - i left to get a police officer. when i returned my wife told me that they had forced the door open with a screwdriver - then they KICED US OUT OF THE HOTEL.
The place nextdoor on either side collaborated with them also - they both begain to advise me on the closest police office before being coerced by the Thai Nhi staff to tell me that they "didn't know where the police station was"

#3 tristan99 has been a member since 25/11/2009. Posts: 10

Posted by Vxh on 16/5/2010 at 11:22

insightful review Tristan, thx. I wish there is a list of avoid hotel some where I could print out and bring with me during my trip this coming summer to avoid.

#4 Vxh has been a member since 7/4/2010. Posts: 19

Posted by captainpants on 10/4/2011 at 23:32

Eugh, the one place we didn't look up reviews for/book in advance. It hasn't changed from your review allatsea3. They still burp in your face, ignore you, look down at you and generally begrudge you being there even though you are providing them business!!!

#5 captainpants has been a member since 4/1/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by travellingsarah on 11/4/2011 at 10:40 TF writer

Is this the Thai Nhi down one of the alleys off Pham Ngu Lao at the Bui Vien end? We stayed there in 2009 - didn't have any major issues but agree that the staff were particularly unfriendly and, as I recall, did try to rip us off on the exchange rate. In fact you have prompted me to leave a review on the hotel listing on this site!

#6 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by hussejane on 10/8/2011 at 12:21

Thanks for your valuable advise. It will be useful for the people who visit the saigon hotel.

cheapest hotel reservations | luxury hotels in Paris | Hotels near Rome

#7 hussejane has been a member since 10/8/2011. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.