Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

HCMC to Phnom Penn via Can Tho & Pho Quoc

Posted by KatieI on 2/7/2009 at 05:09

Hello ..

My boyfriend and I are arriving in HCMC around 22nd October. We plan on staying in the city for 3/4 nights and then would like to travel to Can Tho, Pho Quoc then onto Phnom Penn.

All pre-arranged tours look fairly pricey when comparing to DIY. Also after reading many of the forums there seem to be loads of 'fake' tour operators.

Can anyone suggest either a reputable operator or if DIY is the way to go?

Thanks!

#1 KatieI has been a member since 2/7/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/7/2009 at 08:38 admin

Do it yourself.

Straightforward bus from HCM to Can Tho , on again to rach Gia for the boat to Phu Quoc Island . Heading to Cambodia, you go back to Rach Gia then bus to Chau Doc and boat from there, or you can cross overland via Ha Tien to enter Cambodia at the coastal crossing for Kep.

Hope that helps

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by BruceMoon on 2/7/2009 at 10:29

KatieI

Agree with Somtam, chuck the tour operators...

I posted another about this route (in reverse). Go see:

https://www.travelfish.org/board/post/indochina/6650_40-days-and-nights-bangkok-to-hanoi-

Cheers

#3 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.