Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

180 day visa multiple entry

Posted by bradmcfc81 on 7/7/2009 at 22:56

Im off to vietnam for a month at the end of september,then on to Cambodia to do a TEFL course.I was going to get a 6 month visa ,so that i could re-enter vietnam at some point after ive finished the course in cambodia (the course is 5 weeks) .However,ive been in touch with Trailfinders Visa department,who have advised me not to try and get a 6 month visa ,as the embassy will ask for all sorts of documents and it could take a long time to sort out,if at all.he suggested either the 1 month/3 month as there would be no hassle involved.Any advice?

#1 bradmcfc81 has been a member since 21/6/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 27

Posted by anhluc on 8/7/2009 at 04:29

There is allot of truth to that. I have even applied for 3 month visas only to be issued a 1 month visa. Many people speculate it is just the government trying to generate more cash flow - which might be true. They get real leary of people who want to stay longer for whatever reason, hence the additional documentation.

If you only hope to return to Vietnam the one time after being in Cambodia, no big deal, just get another visa. Of course you will have to pay an additional fee. If you were trying for frequent border crossings during your stay in Cambodia, then I would press for the longer visa with multiple entries. You did say that you would be in Vietnam one month and Cambodia for five weeks. A 3 month visa, multiple entries would suit you fine, and Trailfinders said they could accomodate that. If your return stay to Vietnam will extend beyond the 3 months, you can renew while you are in the country.

#2 anhluc has been a member since 15/5/2009. Posts: 32

Posted by bradmcfc81 on 8/7/2009 at 06:51

So,if i got a one month visa for vietnam initially,then applied for a 3 month visa once i have finished my course in Cambodia,that would be ok? I know there is a Vietnamese embassy in Phnom Penh ,so i could obtain another visa there.

#3 bradmcfc81 has been a member since 21/6/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 27

Posted by BruceMoon on 8/7/2009 at 08:45

You've nailed it.

#4 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by bradmcfc81 on 8/7/2009 at 09:21

cheers bruce / anhluc !

#5 bradmcfc81 has been a member since 21/6/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 27

Posted by violets on 9/7/2009 at 11:12

I don't know where you're getting your visa from, but in Sydney, I've always had the greatest success getting my visas from a Vietnamese travel agency. Probably because they deal with Vietnamese visas all the time and speak the language, they have always been able to give the latest information and get me exactly what I want. If possible get information from A Vietnamese travel agency in your city.

#6 violets has been a member since 6/7/2009. Posts: 151

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.