Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

New Years in central Vietnam

Posted by Rohan on 7/8/2009 at 09:14

I will be in Vietnam for NYE this year (Western NYE not Tet). I have read some posts about NYE in Saigon, but I am likely to be in central Vietnam as the full moon festival in Hoi An is on 29 December and I would like to see it.

Does anyone know if anything happens in that region for NYE? I expect Hoi An and Hue are the most likely candidates given the number of western tourists who pass through.

#1 Rohan has been a member since 16/6/2009. Posts: 63

Posted by BruceMoon on 7/8/2009 at 11:36

I suggest you've answered your own question. But, I think Hoi An is more oriented to NYE as it's much more party central. And, as long as it aint wet, I suggest the foreshore at D Bach Dang will be rocking!

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by Rohan on 7/8/2009 at 12:23

Thanks Bruce.

I had a feeling that Hoi An may be the place to be, but I did have a fear NYE may just be totally ignored in Vietnam outside of Saigon.

#3 Rohan has been a member since 16/6/2009. Posts: 63

Posted by tingers on 7/8/2009 at 15:02

Posted from within Vietnam.

Check out Sea Mile Club down at the beach. Spent NYE there a few years ago, we had a good time. They have a band and there's a swimming pool - people were swimming in their underwear then dancing in the club half naked and dripping wet, highly entertaining. Some people were swimming fully clothed.

#4 tingers has been a member since 9/4/2009. Posts: 36

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.