Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Flower festival Da Lat

Posted by KazAussie on 8/8/2009 at 15:56

Has anybody experienced the flower festival in Da Lat. Is it worth re-jigging the itinerary in order to see it. This link means it will be on while we are in Vietnam. It will mean altering our plans, and paying out some extra dollars, so just after your opinions.

#1 KazAussie has been a member since 18/7/2009. Posts: 221

Posted by anhluc on 9/8/2009 at 06:12

Each year the Da Lat flower festival normally coincides with Tet. 2010, it looks like the will be getting a jump on things. Anyway, I was in Da Lat over Tet in 2007. Would I rearrange me schedule to make sure I was there, no. And truthfully I'm a guy who loves to look at flowers, both naturalized and arranged. My in-laws (locals in central Viet Nam), even said it was anti-climatic.

Be aware that the actual date of the 1000th anniversary is 10/10/2010. I've been looking for info on programs and festivities, if anyone knows about any, let me know.

#2 anhluc has been a member since 15/5/2009. Posts: 32

Posted by BruceMoon on 9/8/2009 at 07:01

I haven't been there for that 'event', but given what I'd seen at Dalat re: flowers, I'd agree. Possibly not worth the effort.

At least not in terms of Floriade, Ellerslie, or Chelsea.

- - -

Go read the latest post here here/

#3 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.