Vietnam forum

Bus schedule

Posted by jiggs on 10/8/2009 at 11:31

Day 1 - Ha Long
Day 2 - Hue
Day 3 and 4- Hoi an
Day 5 - Dalat
Day 6 - HCMC

do you have any bus schedules for (esp night time) for this route?

#1 jiggs has been a member since 4/1/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by BruceMoon on 10/8/2009 at 12:06

jiggs

While there are local buses for this route, they are not what most tourists use.

Instead, tourists use buses from companies especially set up to service the tourism industry.

I'd suggest you go look at any of those companies. My personal experience suggests you'd be wise to look at:

www.sinhcafevn.com.

And, if you want to book through any of their offices, make sure you go to the correct one. They have recently changed their 'name' to TheSinhTourist. Why? because in Vietnam anyone can copy a tradename, and in HaNoi (especially) there were literally dozens of copycat offices (which says much about the reputation).

You can choose to buy an Open Tour bus ticket for the whole length and hop on/off as you please, or buy individual legs at your leisure.

Go here for a list of prices & departure times for the open tour...

http://www.sinhcafevn.com/Open_Tour.asp

Cheers

Each of these locations has a day bus, and oThe route you are taking is largely

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by jiggs on 10/8/2009 at 12:27

hey Bruce! thanks for the info! so helpful. another option me and my friends are looking at is to take the train.

#3 jiggs has been a member since 4/1/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by BruceMoon on 10/8/2009 at 12:57

jiggs

The train is a little more expensive.

You MUST get pre-paid tickets (as far in advance as you can). The train stations aren't that helpful for tourists, so many use their accommodation or a travel agent. As the Vietnamese will tack on any price they think they can get away with, check a few places for best price.

For train schedules have a look at:

https://www.travelfish.org/board/post/vietnam/7048_quick-chart-for-vietnam-railways-schedule---prices

Cheers

#4 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by jiggs on 10/8/2009 at 13:42

thanks again Bruce! :-)

#5 jiggs has been a member since 4/1/2008. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.