Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Halong Bay private charter?

Posted by sdl68 on 26/8/2009 at 06:20

I will be going to Halong Bay simply for photography and so Im not really interested in the typical two and three day packages on a junk boat.

Would it be possible to hire someone with a small boat that would take me out to some scenic areas for a couple hours in the evening light or early morning light?

Would this be more probable if I stay at Cat Ba or should I stay on the mainland and try and find someone there.

any info would be appreciated

#1 sdl68 has been a member since 16/7/2009. Posts: 14

Posted by rebeccafarrent on 26/8/2009 at 09:06

My husband and I were booked one night on board the Pinta Gold and loved it to the bits. The bay is really amazing and the boat just beautiful. We were very lucky to have a very good mix and got the impression that everyone totally enjoyed the trip.

From what I've known, Columbus also offers private tours on one of their smaller boats named Nina Cruiser which is perhaps good for you (

We'd never thought of the island when we planned the trip, so can comment nothing on this. Sorry.

Hope this helps.

#2 rebeccafarrent has been a member since 2/5/2009. Posts: 37

Posted by BruceMoon on 27/8/2009 at 06:47

Try reading the comments at this post , and the description at this post .

#3 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.