Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Soft sleeper train Hanoi Hue

Posted by Pokol on 26/8/2009 at 19:02

Hi,

Does anybody know what are the best travel agencies to book a tickets from Hanoi to Hue?

I've heard it's hard to find tickets at the train station because they're always booked out...

Also, I'm travelling in October and I'd like to book a trekking tour to Sapa...Is it a good time? Thank you!

#1 Pokol has been a member since 26/8/2009. Posts: 38

Posted by scafire_jesse on 26/8/2009 at 23:54

We found all the soft sleepers sold out after waiting in line for an hour or so at the train station. We ended up going to ET Pumpkin and getting them for not much more than they would have cost from the station. Plus they dropped us off at the station.

We used them for a couple of things and found them to be reliable and reasonably priced. As always, watch out for the imitators.

#2 scafire_jesse has been a member since 1/3/2008. Posts: 17

Posted by daawgon on 27/8/2009 at 01:39

In addition to the soft sleeper, there's a first class service on the overnight train for an additional $10. Ask for Livitrans sleeper. I booked it at www.adventureindochina.com - it was very nice and I'd take it again.

The Livitrans is a private car attached to the end of that train - I don't believe those tickets are sold at the station ticket windows (for state owned cars only).

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,111

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.