Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Ninh Binh questions!

Posted by yan on 27/8/2009 at 12:02

Greetings forum folks!

I am headed to Ninh Binh at the end of September and will stay there for 4 days. The following places, I'd like to visit but am not quite sure how.

1. Cuc Phuong National Park: I'd like to spend a night in a stilt house in the park. If I were to hire a guide from Ninh Binh, will this, and transport to/from the park be arranged by the guide? How much will all this cost? (Including a side trip to Van Long nature reserve or Kenh Ga Floating Village on the way back?)

2. Hoa Lu, Bich Dong, Tam Coc: Is it possible to visit these places by bicycle in one day or should they be visited separately? Should I cycle to Tam Coc and Bich Dong and get a boat from Bich Dong to Hao Lu?

Thanks muchly for the advice.

#1 yan has been a member since 25/11/2005. Posts: 3

Posted by BruceMoon on 27/8/2009 at 13:02

1. I suggest you first contact the NP people first at this site as I understand they are better at doing the sorts of tour you appear to be after. Also, unless you can smell out a rip-off, some locals may not be too trustworthy at giving you a fair deal.

2. If you left early, you'd probably do it easily in a day on a bicycle. You can rent small motorbikes in Ninh Binh as well.

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.