Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Storing luggage in Ha Noi

Posted by wanderlust13 on 7/9/2009 at 09:21

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi Travelfishers!

I'm arriving in Ha Noi today and in a few days will be doing a Halong Bay tour. I'd like to store my suitcase somewhere and go to the bay with just a backpack.

Any suggestions on a safe place to store my luggage? Would the hotel I'm staying at be an appropriate, safe location? (I'm returning to Hanoi after Halong Bay, so I can always stay there again if that guarantees bag safety.)

Many thanks!

#1 wanderlust13 has been a member since 26/6/2009. Posts: 11

Posted by BruceMoon on 7/9/2009 at 13:54

Many people arrange with hotel/GH to leave bags (myself included). While every 'provider' promises to look after your bags, and do their best to keep their promise, at the end of the day you (not they) are liable. So, anything of value should be taken with you.

Often the hotel/GH has a special room for storage, which is sort of secure. If you are concerned, ask to see what is being offered as the bag storage area. If you have concerns, you might have to lug it. If so, you're going to be picked up by mini-bus, dropped at the wharf (and return), so while annoying, it's no big deal to take (if your bag storage option drops out).

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by wanderlust13 on 9/9/2009 at 08:12

Posted from within Vietnam.

Thanks Brucemoon. That's really helpful!

#3 wanderlust13 has been a member since 26/6/2009. Posts: 11

Posted by violets on 10/9/2009 at 15:47

I often leave my bag in a hotel room. Once by mistake I even left quite a bit of money in it. I do lock it though. I once shared a hotel room with somebody's left luggage. Mind you I was perfectly trustworthy so perhaps the hotel were right to leave it with me.

#4 violets has been a member since 6/7/2009. Posts: 151

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.