Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Late night accomodation in Saigon, airline reviews

Posted by jclarkson on 29/9/2009 at 09:28

Hello all I am picking flights for a December trip to Vietnam and had a few questions. First, one of the flights I am looking at doesn't get into Saigon until around midnight and I was wondering if I'll be able to find affordable accommodation with an open reception desk that late at night. Second, has anyone flown Northwest or China Airlines and have any opinion on coach on either airline?

#1 jclarkson has been a member since 10/9/2009. Posts: 35

Posted by dezztroyer on 29/9/2009 at 15:46

Look up the vykanh hotel in HCMC. Rooms are cheap and it is a very clean place. Should not be a problem that late at night as Vy's father sleeps in the reception and can be woken up if you bang on the door loud enough.
From memory, you can get them at vykanhhotel@yahoo.com. Being in an alleyway, it has the added advantage of being relatively quiet too.

#2 dezztroyer has been a member since 29/7/2009. Location: Australia. Posts: 22

Posted by DLuek on 30/9/2009 at 03:28 TF writer

If I were you I'd book something in advance for just that one night and let them know when you'll be arriving. Pretty much anywhere will be open for you if they know you're coming. I've had good luck with Thai Nhi Mini Guesthouse off Pham Ngu Lao, but not sure they do online booking. Anyway there are a million guesthouses in that area so if you do have to look around for a place at that hour you will certainly be okay. But it would be easier to have something lined up (plenty of listings here on Travelfish). Just print out the address and phone # to give it to the taxi at the airport (by the way, make sure to take a metered taxi from the airport, DO NOT get into anything unmarked).

#3 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,173
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by dezztroyer on 30/9/2009 at 16:49

Yea, I agree book in advance is a must. You can also try hostelworld.com for good cheap accom.

#4 dezztroyer has been a member since 29/7/2009. Location: Australia. Posts: 22

Posted by daawgon on 2/10/2009 at 01:46

Sounds like you're in North America? I refuse to fly NWA (one of the worst). China Air (Taiwan) is pretty good, but even better is EVA Air (Taiwan). I belong to their FF club, and got a great $706. total fare SFO-SGN-SFO for late October - EVA flies brand new B777-300's too.

http://www.evaair.com/

#5 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,111

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.