Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Mai Chau to Sapa

Posted by Pokol on 13/10/2009 at 20:44

Hi,

i'm thinking of going to Mai Chau and I'd like to go to Sapa as well. Does anybody know if there's any easy way to connect these two locations? I don't mind going back to HAnoi but I think that would be time consuming!

Thank you!

#1 Pokol has been a member since 26/8/2009. Posts: 38

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/10/2009 at 07:24 admin

You could leave Mai Chau in the morning, return to Hanoi and get the night train to Sapa , or you can continue around via Son La and Dien Bien Phu to Sapa by bus -- if you're not interested in stopping at DBP etc, I'd backtrack to Hanoi.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by violets on 14/10/2009 at 08:37

It's a long and difficult bus trip from Mai Chau to Dien Bien Phu which will take most of the day. It's another long day's bus trip to Sapa. The scenery is terrific and I found DBP really interesting, but it's not an easy and quick way to get to Sapa. Mai Chau is only a few hours from Hanoi.

#3 violets has been a member since 6/7/2009. Posts: 151

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.