Please review our itinerary-
Nov 4 till 19
2 days Hanoi
4 days Sapa trekking
4 days Ha long bay /Cat Ba
4 days Hoi An
Bach Ma national park trekking
4 days Mekong Delta
Question is4 days in Hoi An risky weatherwise ?
Should we stay longer around Hanoi ?
Thank you !

#1 snowfish has been a member since 1/9/2009. Posts: 5

Posted by violets on 18/10/2009 at 15:35

Sounds like an interesting trip, though 2 days seems a short time to be in hanoi. I think I'd cut a day from cat Ba.

Weather is difficult to predict. I'd try to leave some flexibility so that if the weather is really bad in Hoi An you can change things. Some rain is usually fine to deal with. But there is lots you can do in Hanoi if you stay longer.

#2 violets has been a member since 6/7/2009. Posts: 152

Posted by RACHYPF on 11/10/2010 at 23:00

I would also cut a day or even 2 from Cat Ba, not as nice as i thought it would be in all quite a stressful time in Ha Long bay and Cat Ba be careful who you book with we had pushy rude guides and a company recommended by Rough Guides that overcharged!
Hoi An is lovely and a visit to the Forbidden Purple Palace is a must and can quite easily take a full day as for Hanoi it was my favourite place in Veitnam full of atmosphere and hustle and bustle especially round the old quarter. hope this helps

#3 RACHYPF has been a member since 13/11/2009. Posts: 42

Posted by daawgon on 12/10/2010 at 01:41

I agree with the others here - Hanoi & Sapa are the real hidden jewels in Vietnam - add days there. I was a little disappointed in both the Delta and Cat Ba Town (big time!) 4 days in Hoi An is fine. Don't worry so much about the weather - not much you could do either way there. Read up as much as possible about this country or the scams will spoil the whole trip (once you're in the know, you can avoid 90% of them!). I'm coming in Nov too for my 4th trip - most of my time will be in the Hanoi area + Luang Prabang.

#4 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,133
 Send daawgon a private message 

Posted by busylizzy on 12/10/2010 at 04:38

"Hoi An is lovely and a visit to the Forbidden Purple Palace is a must "
FYI - I think you are meaning Forbidden Purple City which is in Hue, and which is not on the proposed itinerary.

#5 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.