Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Hanoi or HCM in November

Posted by clbe on 21/10/2009 at 20:07

I'm hoping somebody can give me a little bit of advice. I am due to fly into Hanoi on November 19th. The plan was to spend a couple of days at Halong Bay and then head to Hue and Hoi An before crossing the border into Laos.

However, after reading messgaes on the forum here about the weather being awful at that time of year I am wondering if I sould reroute my flights to Ho Chi Minh and go through Cambodia to Laos.

The ocst of rerouting th lfight is £75 per person. Do you think this is worth it or should we brave the weather and stick to the original plan? Has anyone been in Hanoi, Hue or Hoi An during November?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#1 clbe has been a member since 15/10/2009. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/10/2009 at 06:47 admin

It will be cool, with some rain, but i wouldn't be rerouting my ticket on account of that -- stick with the original plan I'd say.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,651
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by mic2 on 22/10/2009 at 10:25

Posted from within Vietnam.

Way too expensive, if it's me, I wouldn't reroute on that account. I am currently in Hanoi, the weather starts to get cooler but nice and November is just within the corner, so it couldn't go bad during the short period of time.

#3 mic2 has been a member since 22/10/2009. Posts: 9

Posted by violets on 22/10/2009 at 10:35

I've been in Hanoi in November and just dressed more warmly. I found Halong Bay good at that time of year (I read it was supposed to be very clear then) and we sat in the sun on the boat. I thought it was too cold to swim but other went in. Sometimes there is a lot of rain and flooding in central Vietnam but it varies from year to year (and it has already flooded this year); I've been there in October and November and missed the floods both times. When it rains it's not usually all day anyway.

I'd stick with the plan.

#4 violets has been a member since 6/7/2009. Posts: 151

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.