Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Buying rail tickets in Hue

Posted by travellerwill on 28/10/2009 at 08:57

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hue is full of ‘travel agents’ wanting to sell you bus and train tickets. I wanted to go to Hanoi on the day train so asked around for prices, and got replies ranging from 500,000 Dong to 620,000 Dong from Sinh Cafe. This seemed rather steep for one soft seat air con. So I cycled over to the train station where they have boards giving all the information you need including the prices and I queued only a few minutes to buy a ticket. The cost - only 280,000 Dong, almost half the price quoted by the agents. As the price you’ve paid is printed on the ticket I don’t see how they think they can get away with it, but they obviously do.

#1 travellerwill has been a member since 19/8/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/10/2009 at 09:59 admin

Yup -- yet another reason not to use travel agents in Vietnam unless absolutely unavoidable.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.