Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Around Saigon during Xmas and New Year's

Posted by uncannyherbie on 9/11/2009 at 20:20

Hi everyone,

I'm flying to Saigon on Dec21 and will be travelling around Vietnam and Cambodia until Jan5. I don't have too much time but I would like to see the Mekong Delta, Nha Trang , Da Nang, Hué and go over the border to Cambodia.

My problem is that I don't know how should I set up my traveling plan. I have to be in Saigon in Dec31, that's the only solid event in my calendar.

Do you have any recommendations where should I start and what routes shall I take to be efficient and able to see these places?

Shall I start with a couple of nights on the Mekong Delta and go to Cambodia and hit Nha Trang after new year's?

Or maybe first Mekong Delta and then Nha Trang and Da Nang, back to Saigon for New Year's and spend 2-3 days in Cambodia and back to Saigon on 5th?

Any input is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

#1 uncannyherbie has been a member since 9/11/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by uncannyherbie on 9/11/2009 at 20:25

I can also spend Dec31 in Nah Trang it seems. Party life seems to be pretty cool there

#2 uncannyherbie has been a member since 9/11/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 10/11/2009 at 08:10 admin

If you can do New Years in Nha Trang , I'd do something like a few days in Saigon, then perhaps five nights in the Delta, then back to Saigon, overnight and then head north, perhaps Mui Ne and then Nha Trang for New Years, then onto Hue .

Where are you headed in Cambodia? From Hue you could either return to Saigon and overland to Phnom Penh or you could go west into the Highlands and cross at the border into Ban Lung -- depends where you;re headed really...

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,707
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by uncannyherbie on 10/11/2009 at 16:42

that sounds reasonable, thanks! I was also thinking about 2-3 nights in Saigon, 2 nights mekong delta, then go to Mui Ne or Dalat and New Year's in Nah Trang then back to Saigon, 2 days in Phnom Pehn and back to Saigon to catch the plane on the 5th.

hm?

#4 uncannyherbie has been a member since 9/11/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by mimivn on 30/12/2009 at 15:55

Posted from within Vietnam.

hi
did you come back to Saigon?? hope can help you in saigon !

#5 mimivn has been a member since 30/12/2009. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.