Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

15 days in North Vietnam...

Posted by starfish on 7/1/2010 at 03:25

Hi!

My sister and I will be meeting our mum in Hanoi and will have 18 days before she has to fly home. Her return flights are from Hanoi.

We were planning on spending 5 days in Hanoi, 4 on a Topas tour from Hanoi to Sapa, so 1 night sleeper there, 2 nights at the lodge and one night train home, before spending some time on Cat Ba Island for a bit of beach time. However, Im not sure if that is going to be too much time on Ca Ba and was wondering if people have any suggestions of any other places or changes that we could make.

Thank you

x

#1 starfish has been a member since 23/3/2009. Posts: 20
 Twitter 

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/1/2010 at 12:46 admin

Do you mean you're planning on spending over a week on Catba?

If so, I'd probably pare than back and visit one other spot -- Mai Chau or Ninh Binh perhaps.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by hanoimikeshotel on 7/1/2010 at 14:06

Posted from within Vietnam.

So you want to join group tour or private tour?

#3 hanoimikeshotel has been a member since 6/1/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 10
 Twitter 

Posted by starfish on 7/1/2010 at 17:23

I didnt really want to spend a week on Cat Ba, maybe just four days but i wasnt sure what else to do. We are going to do a tour for SaPa, the sister doesnt want to trek so this seemed like the easiest option for her as well.

Thanks Somtam, will look at both, how long would you suggest here?

#4 starfish has been a member since 23/3/2009. Posts: 20
 Twitter 

Posted by hanoimikeshotel on 7/1/2010 at 17:26

Posted from within Vietnam.

So if you want to join group tour, there are alot of boats in Halong Bay from good to normal one, can you tell me your budget, I will recommend you some good one

#5 hanoimikeshotel has been a member since 6/1/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 10
 Twitter 

Posted by starfish on 7/1/2010 at 17:52

Thank you...

Probably around £100 each, possibly more

#6 starfish has been a member since 23/3/2009. Posts: 20
 Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.