Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Booking tickets for

Posted by bleucheese on 26/1/2010 at 08:43

Oops I pushed enter by mistake. Here is my question-

I will be traveling to Vietnam with my girlfriend from February 12 - February 22. I have read that I must book train and/or air tickets in advance since TET will be swarming with travelers. Is there a reliable agency that I can do this with now or should I wait until I arrive?

#1 bleucheese has been a member since 4/9/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by KazAussie on 26/1/2010 at 12:32

What we were told was that at the start of Tet the locals are travelling South to North, and vice versa at the end of Tet. So if your direction is against the flow then there are heaps of seats available.

#2 KazAussie has been a member since 18/7/2009. Posts: 221

Posted by Precious24 on 26/1/2010 at 14:10

to be safe? either livitrans or ordinary trains, safer to book in advance unless you don't mind just sitting

#3 Precious24 has been a member since 21/11/2009. Posts: 22

Posted by chrispyrolls on 27/1/2010 at 04:38

Every man and his dog seems to be a travel agent in Vietnam - and TET is the busiest time of year for domestic travel. I would pre-book myself, but then again I like to plan!

Reliable agents I know are Handspan, Buffalo Tours, Exotissimo - these are top end, so you may pay a little more commission for your tickets, but in doing so you will be guaranteed getting what you paid for.

All of these will deliver tickets to your hotel in Vietnam too

#4 chrispyrolls has been a member since 2/11/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 198
 Send chrispyrolls a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by hasherjoe34 on 27/1/2010 at 16:23

yeah I can vouch for exotissimo, I arranged tickets with them along with discovermekong for my family's tour, although the hotel we stayed recommended travel agencies cheaper than them but they were recommended to me by friends who traveled in SEA, so I contacted them

#5 hasherjoe34 has been a member since 20/11/2009. Posts: 11

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.