Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Good motorbike route HCMC/Dalat/N.Trang

Posted by KIPPERTHAI on 30/1/2010 at 23:25

Hi, intending to rent a motorbike in Saigon, any good and trustworthy rental outlets ?
Secondly, would like any advice on scenic routes, (not just A-B),for me the journey is the holiday.Did a similar thing up north, fabulous adventure, can offer advice on this.
Must get a softer seat this time, bum has just mended now!! cheers chris

#1 KIPPERTHAI has been a member since 3/1/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by easwud on 2/2/2010 at 04:23

We hired Easy Riders Dalat and rode from Dalat to Nha Trang .

You may contact them via email at...

The guides speak english very well.
We convinced them to ride on one bike while my wife and I rode on their other bike. Travel time is about 3 hours. We stopped along the way and had coffee...took us 4 1/2 hours.

The Dalat to Nha Trang ride was really nice...was one of the highlights of our 3 week trip. Its definitely cool. Only catch..there was a part of the road 6 miles or so that was still being worked on...pot holes, bumpy, lot of dirt. I just navigated around the pot holes and blasted through wife wasn't exactly happy about it...just held on.

I did a quick search on google...found this person's website with pics. These people "biked" but at least you can see the pics.

Good luck!

#2 easwud has been a member since 12/1/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by KIPPERTHAI on 3/2/2010 at 03:01

Thanks easwud, I really think that it is the best way to travel, cool breeze, the sights, the smells and the chance to stop wherever you like.
Think the easy riders are a great way for everyone to enjoy this beutiful country.
As a 'biker' I tend to go it alone, this can be a little tough and scary at times, but the locals that you meet at rest stops and fuel stops are always very interested in the lone traveller, so many times I have been welcomed with bia hoi,
food and smokes.
OOOOOOOHHHHHHH !!!!! I cant wat to get back, bye chris

#3 KIPPERTHAI has been a member since 3/1/2010. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.