Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

What to do / where to stay for 1 week in northern Vietnam in September

Posted by JesseJames12 on 23/2/2010 at 22:37

I plan to spend the second week of September in north / north central Vietnam flying in and out of Hanoi.

I would like to hit 2 or 3 destinations, but cant decide where to go. The trip is the second half of my honeymoon, the first half will be spent on the beach in indonesia.

The idea is to get out of the city for some adventure and culture, but still find some nice places to crash at night (aka. to keep the fiance happy and be romantic).

Any suggestions of where to go and where to stay would be very helpful.

#1 JesseJames12 has been a member since 6/2/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by daawgon on 24/2/2010 at 07:23

Sapa (overnight train) for 2 days, Hanoi for 2 days and Hoi An (fly via Danang) for 3 days

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,129
 Send daawgon a private message 

Posted by travel2vietnam2010 on 24/2/2010 at 22:57

Posted from within Vietnam.

Yes, i advise you to travel to Halong bay,having one romantic night on the junk in the middle of the bay. Then you would travel to the Northwest to visit Sapa or driving to the North East for more adventure in 4 - 5 days

#3 travel2vietnam2010 has been a member since 24/2/2010. Posts: 8

Posted by JesseJames12 on 24/2/2010 at 23:33

Daawgon, Thank you very much.

I was thinking I had to do Halong Bay, you dont think so? Also, from your experience, given that our trip is in september, do you think we will be able to avoid the rain if we stay in the north? hows about in Hoi An?

My fiance does not want to spend the week in vietnam if it is likely to be raining all the time. What are you thoughts on the weather in September? I ask because I have gotten lots of conflicting information with regards to rain in the north in September.

#4 JesseJames12 has been a member since 6/2/2010. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.