Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Anyone stayed in/heard of the Golden Land Hotel in Hanoi

Posted by Gabrielah on 27/2/2010 at 09:36

I found out about it via trip advisor, and it has nearly perfect reviews. I haven't read about it anywhere else though, so I'm a bit wary.

A friend recommended the Camellia hotel Hanoi, but I can afford something a bit nicer.

(Golden Land Hotel is in the same area as Camellia hotel Hanoi.)

If anyone knows anything about this spot, let me know!

Thanks!

#1 Gabrielah has been a member since 26/2/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by daawgon on 27/2/2010 at 12:47

I have stayed at about 8 or 10 small hotels in Hanoi , and this is my price range. No, I never heard of this one, but you should not go by just the reviews on TA. If I were you, I would get the names of half a dozen good ones, and then when you arrive go on a tour and select the one you like. Others that I like in this price range are the Gia Thinh on Hang Bac at $30., Amazing Hotel on Hang Phen for $25. and my favorite is the Especen Hotel on Tho Xuong for $25. The Sunshine Palace on Ma May St. is brand new (same group as Gia Thinh) - all of the Sunshine hotels have an in-room computer, are well-run 3* places - see here:
http://www.hanoisunshinehotel.com/checkav.htm

(no shortage of good rooms in Hanoi - good luck)

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,111

Posted by Gabrielah on 5/3/2010 at 15:29

Thanks so very much for all of this info!

I'm thinking of booking into the Sunshine Palace for the first night (I get in quite late) and then seeing how I go from there. Whatever I do, I really appreciate your advice!

#3 Gabrielah has been a member since 26/2/2010. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.