Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Kampot -> Ha Tien + Phu Quoc ferry schedule

Posted by Mikko on 15/3/2010 at 22:25

we're thinking of doing the Kampot -> Kep -> Ha Tien -> ( Rach Gia ->) Phu Quoc trip later this week and I'd like to ask if someone has done this trip recently?

How much should we expect to pay for motodop/tuktuk from Kampot - Kep and Kep - border/Ha Tien?

From an earlier post I read that the last (only?) ferry from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc leaves at 13.00, does anyone know if this information is still up to date?

If so, it would make it possible for us to do the whole trip in one day which would be great!

Someone had also reported that the trip is possible in one day via Rach Gia as well. At what time does the last ferry from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc leave?

#1 Mikko has been a member since 21/1/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by oasisbarhatien on 15/8/2010 at 13:05

Posted from within Vietnam.

You can go from Kampot to Phu Quoc in a day,I would say 99% of the time it would be possible,the only thing would be if delays on the road or at the border caused you to miss the boat.Direct bus from Kampot,leaves about 9.30 am,I was on it from Sihanoukville,where it left at about 7.15,to Kampot/Kep then the border.About an hour here,then on into Ha Tien arriving about 12.00-12.30,the boat from here leaves at 13.30,and takes about 90 minutes.There's really little point going on to Rach Gia and getting a boat from there,it's a longer and more expensive crossing,and you couldn't do it in one day.If you are going on to Saigon or the Delta from PQ then take a boat to Rach Gia from the island.The boat from Ha Tien,whilst not as big as the Rach Gia ones,is perfectly ok

#2 oasisbarhatien has been a member since 12/8/2010. Posts: 113
 Send oasisbarhatien a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.