Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam additions forum

Hanoi kid Tour program thing??

Posted by Denny on 27/10/2006 at 14:59

Hi i read in the other stupid forum, from a book orientated source, which i will never go to again , because it is negative to new travellers.
WHEW !!! i got that off my chest..... I have been in bad situations traveling in Central America, and researching, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, im almost scared to go there... S.E. Asia sounds so good to me...Safer than where i have visited, Im going on a whim , for three months Nov 29,
I know in Bangkok i will be ripped off $2 from the airport taxi, so what?
My hotel will rip me off another $2, But in the morning i know the person who gives me my first bowl of Pho will get an extra $2 from me !!
Why do people worry so much about such small things?
I am generous but not stupid. I will be burned there for a day , but so what. It has happened every time, i expect it and learn from it.
To lose 10 or so in your first day is good.

Ok...What i really had to say..There are kids in Hanoi that will tour you around on buses to see sights. I heard it was real good for you and for them, hanoikid@yahoo.com,,, But it comes back no good? Anyone know of this??

I will be there Dec 15,
God 34 More #%&!*$ sleeps till i get to Bankok
Cheers Dennis

#1 Denny has been a member since 27/10/2006. Posts: 10

Posted by somtam2000 on 27/10/2006 at 19:09 admin

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to Travelfish!

Thorntree giving you a a hard time huh ;-)

No I've not heard about the kids showing people around in Hanoi -- sounds interesting -- we've got a researcher heading back to Hanoi shortly, so I'll get them to see what they can find out, if you find out anything more about it, please let me know.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Denny on 29/10/2006 at 15:35

Hey thorntree is not so bad, a tad negative.but ok, yours is managed better.
This hanoi kids thing is for real, but perhaps something has happenened to what they were doing, i talked to a couple in their 50's here in Vancouver and they did an outing with them, about 6 months ago, loved it and loved them, they said it was so nice to be shown around town with such nice people, they bought them lunch ,and cokes along the way, but they said it was not enough, they were that helpfull.
Anyway.. 32 more sleeps
then im at least in warmer rain
Cheers Dennis

#3 Denny has been a member since 27/10/2006. Posts: 10

Posted by vtg on 30/6/2008 at 11:15

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi , I would like to recommend you to VTG - Free Tour Guide in Hanoi

About VTG-Guide: We are group of students in Hanoi that will tour you around on buses to see sights. VTG-Guide offer FREE tour guide & assistant services in Ha Noi.

VTG Voluntary Tour Guide and Assitant (VTG-Guide) is one among few Vietnamese clubs in Hanoi and in Vietnam. VTG-Guide, as its name suggests, is the place where you can discover the Hanoi culture and Vietnam culture. Members of VTG-Guide can take part in various activities, all helpful and interesting, without any fee!

How to register?

Easy and simple! You can do one of these:

- Send an email to info@vietnameseteaching.com

- Call us at 0972369842 (Ms Ly) or 0934561187 (Ms Nhung)

#4 vtg has been a member since 30/6/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by Denny on 30/6/2008 at 11:48

Hey i have benn there and been back.
No trouble getting around, everyperson there was helpfull
So many young people, all friendly, thanks for your reply
Off to Peru next week
Saluitos
Dennis

#5 Denny has been a member since 27/10/2006. Posts: 10

Posted by chrispyrolls on 4/6/2009 at 14:13

Hi,

Contact details:

General Leader: Nguyen Thi Mien (ms) +84 1266 141 412
Head of Marketing board: Hoang Kieu Ngan (ms) +84 987 666 123
Homepage: www.hanoikidsclub.org
email: hanoikidsvn@gmail.com

I can recommend them after using them a couple of times, my parents have used them, and friends have used them ... their service is free of charge, and they will do either full or half day tours of Hanoi.

Contact them on the above to get more info

Have fun

#6 chrispyrolls has been a member since 2/11/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 198
 Send chrispyrolls a private message   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.