Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam additions forum

NEW (and cool!) Hanoi Backpackers' Hostel

Posted by travellingsarah on 11/10/2010 at 16:35 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

The guys behind the Hanoi Backpackers' Hostel have just opened a brand spanking new hostel at 9 Ma May, in the heart of the Old Quarter. It's really cool! I've not stayed but I've had a good nose around and am very impressed (Full disclosure: I know the owners and have been working with them recently). It's big (huge actually), bright and clean with both dorm rooms and private en suite rooms. As you'd expect, there's a bar and restaurant (also open to non-residents) which does reasonably priced drinks and top notch food - the pizzas (try the Bun Cha pizza -wow!) and fish and chips are the best we've had in Hanoi, plus it's spacious and airy and plays great music. There's also a common room which is only open to residents and will have a juice bar, large TV, table football, a terrace with amazing views and space to just chill-out. Telephone number is +84 (0) 439351890 and the website

#1 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.