Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam additions forum

Thuys House - Backpacker Guesthouse on Phu Quoc Island

Posted by Thuyshouse on 25/2/2014 at 23:52

Posted from within Vietnam.

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I run a small but fine restaurant and backpacker guesthouse on Phu Quoc Island. It's located on the southern end of the Ong Lang Beach close to the Chen Sea Resort. It is a quite and relaxing place and quite hidden. I have single and double rooms on the beach and I offer community based home-stay with the local people. The prices are from 5-10$/night. The rooms are simple but comfortable and very close to the beach. I offer fresh sea-food from the market and homemade pizza from my earth-oven. Everything for reasonable prices.

I recently signed in on to work with volunteers. Some volunteers from Germany, Vietnam, Spain and France built already an earth-oven and a compost. I have many more requests already. It is my vision to intensify my connection to the local people and to be able to offer more home stay's and I would like improve the sustainable use of resources to be an example and to inspire others. I want to build a fruit forest and a vegetable garden. Currently I am taking care of orphan children to give them the possibility to go to school and blind people of my local community. I have many more ideas and visions to improve community life and to introduce people to a sustainable way of thinking. Furthermore I am currently fighting with a lawyer against the government to protect Turtle Island and its amazing coral reef (a hotel shall be build there, but they are going to destroy big parts of the reef).

I want to offer not only rooms in a guesthouse on a natural site to fully relax from artificial noise and stress, I want to offer a part of Vietnamese culture, contact to local people and an exchange of ideas and stories. I want people to have a story to tell when they are coming back home.

Therefore I am looking forward to be reviewed and to share my stories with you.

Kind regards,

Thuy Ngoc Le

P.S.: Some volunteers made a homepage for me:

#1 Thuyshouse has been a member since 24/2/2014. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.