Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam additions forum

Posted by esti on 26/6/2008 at 04:28

Heading to Phu Quoc Jan/09 fr HCMC for 2 wks. What's the best way 2 Ha Tien? Is there a Hydrofoil or local boat & how long does it REALLY take? 4hrs?8?? Could fly to Rach Gia and bus it fr there tho the boat,if there is 1, is more direct with NO TOUTS!! Plus, where's a good mid-range place in Hon Chong or Hon Trem beach? Want 2 then head 2 Muine on my way 2 Nha Trang. Are there buses going there on the way 2 HCMC + how far is it?
Would really appreciate any input/help. Thanks!

#1 esti has been a member since 25/6/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 26/6/2008 at 16:50 admin

Hi Esti,

Lots of questions.

All passenger boats to Phu Quoc Island go from Rach Gia -- not Ha Tien. The latter are primarily fishing boat type affairs and are not recommended. In practise it's often difficult to get on one.

No touts in Rach Gia to speak of.

You'll need to transfer at Ho Chi Minh City for bus onwards to Mui Ne -- no through buses.

Hope that helps

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by esti on 27/6/2008 at 07:22

Thanks a heap!! I'll think of all my fellow Canadians freezing their tushes off while i'm relaxing on a beautiful beach with a cold 333 in my hand. You're the best!! Thanks again.

#3 esti has been a member since 25/6/2008. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.