Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam additions forum

Laugh Cafe - Hoi An

Posted by katyd on 16/12/2008 at 21:32

Posted from within Vietnam.

42 Tran Cao Van St (opposite the large Phuoc An Hotel)
Great food, friendly staff, cheap prices, informative cooking class in which you can choose your own meals. I ate here 3 times and did a cooking class during the time I was in Hoi An and found every meal great value. Hong, the female chef was particularly lovely and friendly.
The clay pots are excellent, and their white rose was much better than we had elsewhere.

Also associated with Make A Difference Inc - www.umad.org

#1 katyd has been a member since 14/9/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1

Posted by braunp on 3/1/2009 at 11:29

A great spot - not on the usual tourist circuit -- so better value for money than most. The food is fantastic and everything is cooked fresh in the tiny kitchen.
Fresh beer is popular in Vietnam but, all to often, is flat and insipid. The fresh beer at Laugh Cafe was excellent. Not just once - but all week!
Fresh beer is low alcohol so you can drink a lot of it. Fortunately it only costs 4000 dong (around US$0.25).

#2 braunp has been a member since 29/7/2006. Posts: 2

Posted by daawgon on 23/3/2009 at 06:01

I thought the Laugh was great too (March '09) - I've featured it on my blog - see pictures here:
http://sea2009.travellerspoint.com/12/

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,133
 Send daawgon a private message 

Posted by braunp on 15/8/2009 at 10:02

Update:
Laugh Cafe has moved. It is now at 126 Tran Cao Van. The same street but 250 metres from the old location. It moved because the new home has moe bedrooms. It can now help more young people looking for training and help to get a better job.

#4 braunp has been a member since 29/7/2006. Posts: 2

Posted by LaughCafe on 28/2/2011 at 16:28

The address posted at the head of this forum is wrong.
Laugh Cafe Restaurant moved 2 years ago to:
126 Tran Cao Van.
As the previous poster mentioned we aim to assist young Vietnamese people (17 to 27) looking to gain skills and experience in the hospitality industry.Young people gravitate to Hoi An as a tourist centre. Without experience they as usually offered menial jobs. We provide training in English, kitchen management, basic accounting, cooking skills, and presentation and service skills as well as giving our trainees the opportunity to actually run the restaurant. We provide accommodation for our trainees as well as a living wage.

#5 LaughCafe has been a member since 28/2/2011. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.