Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Multi entry Thailand

Posted by lindahaughan on 9/6/2010 at 19:55

Bit confused as to what visa i will need for Thailand.

Basically i am flying into Bankgkok in late October - probably staying 1 week in thailand then on to Cambodia and Vietnam. Back in to Thailand in early December and will need a visa for more than 30 days as leaving from Bangkok on 8th Jan 2011. Can i apply for a multi entry visa in advance?

#1 lindahaughan has been a member since 2/6/2010. Posts: 7

Posted by mikethediver on 10/6/2010 at 19:30

Hi,
Thai visas are valid for 3 months from the date of issue.

Single entry visa are much cheaper than mulitple entry. Single entry should be free, although Birmingham (UK) charge a 15 pound admin fee (not sure who else charges that). A double mulitple entry is normal price at 56.

You could get a single entry to enter Thailand (you need that OR an air ticket out of Thailand within 30 days), and then apply for another single entry in Cambodia or Vietnam. A bit of a hassle depending on how much time you have, but it would certainly be cheaper.
Mike

#2 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Website 

Posted by lindahaughan on 10/6/2010 at 21:43

Thanks for your response Mike

How about this - if I get a 60-day single entry tourist visa before I go, can I then head out to Thailand in October, on arrival get a 30-day free visa, then use the 60-day tourist visa when I re-enter in early December? Or will Thai immigration automatically use my 60-day visa on arrival in October?

Regards

Linda

#3 lindahaughan has been a member since 2/6/2010. Posts: 7

Posted by SBE on 10/6/2010 at 22:31

Yes you can do that too. Just ask the immigration officer not to stamp the tourist visa now, explain why if necessary.

I've done that several times, never had a problem.

#4 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,019
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by ChrisiMarr on 15/6/2010 at 09:27

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi, sir..
You can do that, there is no problem! It is quite simple and is not complex procedure.

#5 ChrisiMarr has been a member since 8/11/2009. Posts: 2
 Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.