Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

90 day vietnam visa from uk or get 30 day extended from nam

Posted by valis on 21/10/2010 at 17:39

if im traveling to vitnam for 63 days is it ok to go with a standard 30 days visa and get it extended while there?would coustoms be fine with that?
the reason im asking is it looks a lot cheaper to do that way,the uk embassy wants over £100 for the 90 day visa,pluss i still cant decide wether il be just doing vietnam or cambodia and laos to.

oh and is it easy to extend a visa once in nam?would i have to do it before i left ho chi minh?
anyone please.

#1 valis has been a member since 14/7/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 30
 Send valis a private message 

Posted by jonello on 6/11/2010 at 11:17

Posted from within Vietnam.

My visa was $20 or $25 for 30 days,on entry.I was told that if i overstay it, i'll be charged $5 a day.I got an extension 30 day in hcm city,though if you go to the office they throw it back at you, not interested,saying ' go to travel agent '..Which costs $25-$30 and takes a week to get back, so hcmc is not the best place to get it from.Other city's are easier for extensions and quicker, i've heard..On the exit dates on visa form, just put 30 days or less from date of entry, all will be well, no questions asked.I entered on one way plane ticket to Hanoi and put exit point hcm, folk are either going up or down, then out. I have a uk passport,good luck

#2 jonello has been a member since 24/10/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 18
 Send jonello a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.