Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Visa to China

Posted by lunarca on 2/1/2011 at 22:09

Hi,

This is my first post to this forum, so let me start by saying hi to everyone. We are a couple cycling around south east asia and up to China and Tibet. We are going to apply for the Chinese visa this week in Bangkok and I was wondering if anybody had any advice for us as to what to put on the application, documents to attach and so on it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll post information later on how the procedure went.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

#1 lunarca has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by christay2009 on 3/1/2011 at 01:55

I cannot answer your question, however, i can say that a friend got his China visa in Bangkok a few months ago and he said there were no issues. He asked for the 1 day service on the Visa, paid the money, turned up 24 hours later and all was sorted. Hopefully your experience will be as painless! good luck

#2 christay2009 has been a member since 8/2/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 414

Posted by Captain_Bob on 18/1/2011 at 14:26

If cycling north from Bangkok you can also get a Chinese visa at the consulate in Chiang Mai. Visa hours are 9-1130am M-F and the fee schedule is shown on my photo here:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/4483782522_94d9d5669e_b.jpg

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,891

Posted by caseyprich on 18/1/2011 at 14:38

You don't have to mention that you'll be cycling into Tibet on your Visa Application. Technically you are not allowed to enter Tibet or go around in it at this time without an official guide and an entry permit. You can not get that permit unless booked with a guide. It may complicate your visa arrangement if you mention it. You could simply indicate that you will be cycling around western China.

If you are applying for the 3 month tourist visa it is a good idea to have the addresses of some hotels you will stay it in one or two major cities (even if you decided not to stay there). You could mention a hostel in Jinhong, Kunming, Lijiang, and Chengdu to be believable.

#4 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.