Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Visa on Chong Mek / Vang Tao

Posted by Ignas on 22/1/2011 at 16:32

I was reading that on this border going from Vang Tao to Pakse Visa on arrival is available, but how about going from Pakse to Bankok, is Thai visa available on this border? I am Lithuanian so probably I can't get free visa.

#1 Ignas has been a member since 24/9/2010. Posts: 16

Posted by exacto on 23/1/2011 at 00:58

From what I can tell, while the free visa exemption is not available for a Lithuanian passport holder, you do qualify to get a 15-day visa on arrival at 24 designated border crossings. It looks like you'd need to have proof of onward travel out of Thailand within 15 days, 2 passport-sized photos, and the 1,000 Thai baht fee. Unfortunately, it does not look like the border crossing at Chong Mek is one of the 24 international crossings where this is possible.

Full details are at this link:

As an alternative, you could always apply for a multi-entry tourist visa ahead of time. That might solve a few logistics problems for you as well as purchase some peace of mind. Good luck.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,679
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.