Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Cambodia/Vietnam border query

Posted by ChrisM48 on 27/12/2006 at 16:56

I am travelling to Cambodia and then Vitenam from Thailand in July/August 2007. To avoid any problems at borders, is it feasible to obtain visas in Australia at the Embassy's to avoid the hassle when arriving?

#1 ChrisM48 has been a member since 12/12/2006. Posts: 17

Posted by marcus_schmarcus on 27/12/2006 at 17:36

i've found it is much less hassle to get your viet visa in bangkok and get your camb visa at the border.

#2 marcus_schmarcus has been a member since 27/12/2006. Posts: 2
 Send marcus_schmarcus a private message 

Posted by miranda456 on 3/1/2007 at 17:43

I did the same trip as you are going to do. I also found it easy to get my Cambodia visa at the border (watch out for the "helpers" that say its 1,000Baht instead of $22US). In Cambodia, if you are going to Phnom Penh you can get your Vietnam visa there either from the Vietnam embassy or your guesthouse. I was sick for a few days in Phnom Penh so I got my Vietnam visa through my guesthouse for $US33 (I think thats only $3 more than the embassy) and I got the visa the next day.

#3 miranda456 has been a member since 8/11/2006. Posts: 11
 Send miranda456 a private message 

Posted by dobe on 27/3/2007 at 22:21

I'd like to ask the other way roud, from Vietnam to Cambodia

I tried to check border crossings and each I found were in the Southern part of Vietnam, close to HCMC. Are there other options to cross to Cambodia? Are there any border crossings in the Nort-eastern part of Cambodia? Specifically, is it possible to make a Kon Tum-Siem Reap-Phnom Penh-HCMC journey? Is this journey feasible at all considering land travel in Eastern Cambodia, can you reach Siem Reap from the Eastern border without having to go South?

#4 dobe has been a member since 27/3/2007. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.