Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

plan to go from Australia to Europe by land

Posted by natiandyvan on 27/2/2011 at 22:24

Hi,
I m french and my girlfriend is Chilean, we are living in Australia and we are planning to travel in Asia from june, We would like to take as less as possible flight and reach Europe safely....
We want to visit in order Indonesia, Singapour, Malaisia, Thailande, Laos,Cambogia, Vietnam, Burma, India, and Nepal, we have as time as we need to make this trip possible....
We are seeking any advices, mostly about the road and the boarder possible to cross safely, we know that it s might be hard to reach india through Burma, or maybe impossible....
We are taking all your advice with interest and serious.
Looking to read you

#1 natiandyvan has been a member since 27/2/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by boxee on 28/2/2011 at 19:46

if u thought about missing out india u could get from singapope to europe by train and bus
gong through thailand , cambodia , veitnam , china and russia
here is a good webb site for train traverl through asia and europe
http://www.seat61.com/

#2 boxee has been a member since 26/3/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 131

Posted by Tilapia on 15/3/2011 at 07:44

I won't say "never", but will say that it is very unlikely that you will be able to cross from Thailand into Burma and then continue cross-country. It is also very unlikely that you will be able to cross the Burmese-Indian border. It is very likely that you will have to fly in and out of Burma, but it will be worth it.

It is possible to cross from Thailand into Burma, but you cannot much further than the border area.

#3 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,499
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.