Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

2 entry visa

Posted by greektraveller on 11/4/2011 at 10:39

Hello Guys. I am abit confused with my visa situation. Basically I have a 2 entry tourist visa which i received in London thai embassy. I arrived on the 5th of April in Bangkok. They stamped it and it says valid until 6th of June. I am leaving on the 20th of june tho. thats a gap of 14 days. My question is. What exactly does 2 entry mean. Can I leave and enter thailand one more time? Because I am planning to visit lao and cambodia. could i visit lao c ome back to thailand then visit cambodia and come back? or am I limited to my 2 entries.

#1 greektraveller has been a member since 24/1/2011. Posts: 44

Posted by travellingsarah on 11/4/2011 at 17:24 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'm not an expert but as far as I know the maximum stay permitted in one trip is 60 days - hence your visa expires on the 6th June, 60 days after you entered the country. What I'm not sure about is whether your double entry visa is for a total of 60 days in country or 60 + 60 days. I have a feeling it might be the former but someone else will know I'm sure. Either way, you will have to leave the country by 6th June or pay for an extension.

#2 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 11/4/2011 at 22:53

You're on the 1st entry now valid until 6-June and you can extend it 30 more days at Thai Immigration for 1900 baht. But, if you leave Thailand the entry is lost, leaving you with one more entry which must be made prior to the "Enter Before" date. This gets you another 60-day entry, again with possible 30-day extension. So now your visa is good for one trip out and back into Thailand (maybe go to Laos and Cambodia then come back).

Many nationalities can also enter visa-free, but then you only get 30 days if entering by air or 14 days if entering by land. As explained on

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,911

Posted by slapbreeya on 25/4/2011 at 08:17

I'm standing with Captain Bob here.... they are confusing but my post would have reflected his.

#4 slapbreeya has been a member since 22/4/2011. Location: Thailand. Posts: 50

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.