Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Border Crossings on Motorbikes....advice needed

Posted by moomin1802 on 28/5/2011 at 19:06

We are currently in Siem Reap, Cambodia and own a Minsk (with vietnamese plates and papers) and a dirt bike (with cambodian plates no papers). We are planning on heading across the border into Laos at Dong Kralor then spend 1 month in Lao before crossing into Thailand on the same bikes (cross at either the Nong Khai friendship bridge or at Chaing Khong/Huay Xai in the north)
Firstly, is this possible as one of the bikes has no papers? Also, we have heard stories on various forums about having to get insurance at the borrder and officials only allowing a 1 week visa for Laos plus you need paperwork for them to stamp....Very confused - has anyone out there attempted this and if so what were the conditions?
Thanks! any advice appreciated!
Amanda and Dan

#1 moomin1802 has been a member since 10/1/2011. Posts: 12

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.