Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Thai Visa Exemption

Posted by creasetofu on 25/6/2011 at 03:33

Hi,

I am heading to Thailand for my honeymoon in September and was looking at Visas. I know I am entitled to the Visa Exemption as i have a UK Passport and am staying less than 30 days.

However, my question is regarding the proof of finances. Is it 10,000 or 20,000 Baht per person? I have read both! and how do you prove it? cash? travellers cheques? bank statement?

Also, has anyone actually been asked to prove it or is it just a legality?

Thanks!!!!

#1 creasetofu has been a member since 5/1/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by DLuek on 25/6/2011 at 14:45 TF writer

I've never been asked to show proof of finances, but I assumed they only asked for that if you don't have proof of onward travel anyway (even then I would think it unlikely).

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,185
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 25/6/2011 at 21:29

Very unlikely they will ask to see this. It's just a formality rarely exercised. I was asked one time (been here 7 years now) and just flashed the inside of my wallet to reveal a few notes and was waved past. If they do ask then a recent ATM slip or any hard currency or bank statement would suffice. But anyway you won't likely get asked especially with your return ticket in hand.

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Posted by creasetofu on 28/6/2011 at 02:41

Thanks! Very helpful.

#4 creasetofu has been a member since 5/1/2011. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.