Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Postal Application for Vietnamese Visa from London

Posted by luckysmartie on 10/7/2011 at 23:35

Hi everyone, first post on here, although I've been reading (and taking advice!) for some time [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

I'm just about to make a postal application for a Vietnamese visa from the London embassy. I've done this for a Russian visa a couple of times and have always sent a Special Delivery envelope with the application, however there has never been a postal charge if you do this. The Vietnamese embassy have told me to send an SAE in addition to paying extra for postage (£8 ). Do they want a Special Delivery envelope and are just charging extortionately for someone to walk to the post box?

Thanks [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

#1 luckysmartie has been a member since 10/7/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by daawgon on 29/7/2011 at 16:22

I agree that the VOA is the way to go as long as you arrive in country by air. I use Visa4Vietnam in Hanoi - used them 4 times with excellent service. I believe the charge for a simple, single entry 30 day visa is $15. upfront (for the Approval Letter) + $25. on arrival at the airport.

You will receive the Approval Letter in JPEG format by email within 2 days, and there's no sending your passport away, and no postal charges. Simply print out the letter, show it to your airline, and you're off to Vietnam. Once at the airport in Hanoi or HCMC, go to the Visa desk and claim your hard copy visa that will be put in your passport.

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,114

Posted by travellingsarah on 30/7/2011 at 14:04 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

Agree that VOA is a cheaper option, but if you want to, or need to, get it in advance (as I did - we knew we'd be coming in by land) then you send an SAE and pay them £8 for them to send it Special Delivery. Special Delivery is between £5-6 anyway so they're just charging a couple of extra pounds for handling.

#3 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.