Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Re-entry (multiple) permission Thailand, experiences?

Posted by helkala on 16/9/2011 at 22:38

I'll arrive in Thailand in the beginning of October and I already have a non-immigrant visa (for my studies in Bangkok). In order to travel in the neighbour countries (which I want to do) I will apparently need to apply for a re-entry permission to Thailand? Does anyone have experience from the immigration office in Bangkok and applying for a re-entry permission? I will need a multiple re-entry permission, because I will be travelling in several different countries but I don't know yet when and where exactly I will go... Hopefully this won't make it more difficult to get the re-entry visa... I've heard that the officers in the immigration can be difficult and strict at times.

Would be great to hear your comments on this. Cheers... :)

#1 helkala has been a member since 3/8/2011. Posts: 4
 Send helkala a private message 

Posted by Mass888 on 20/9/2011 at 16:31

You have to get Visas before you go another country.
So,
What is the easiest and cheapest way to communicate with other countries while you are traveling in Australia ?

Visas

#2 Mass888 has been a member since 20/9/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by guava_girl on 22/9/2011 at 09:09

Is your visa a multiple or single entry? If multiple there is no need to get a reentry permit. If single entry it should be easy enough to get. Check Thai immigration's website and you should be able to get all the info on this that you need (required docs, etc)

#3 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Posted by Captain_Bob on 1/10/2011 at 19:28

Application for re-entry permit
Single entry: 1,000.- Baht
Multiple entries within remaining period of admission: 3,800.- Baht

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=fee

#4 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.