Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

transitting with different airlines.Do I have to enter country to retrieve bag?

Posted by sayadian on 13/10/2011 at 19:18

Flying into Suvannabhumi at 11am on 1st Nov. Then afternoon shuttle with AirAsia back to Phnom Penh .Went to the AirAsia office to enquire whether my bag could be transitted through from Kuwait Air flight to their Phnom Penh flight.She told me I have to enter Thailand pick up my bag then go back out.So, basically I have to queue to get an entry stamp then 5 minutes later queue to get an exit stamp.This seems like craziness to me.Does anyone have any experience of this problem of transitting bags through two airlines particularly AirAsia? Is there another way.I'm happy to pay.

#1 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by altmtl on 13/10/2011 at 19:28

I would say it's normal procedure, unless it's another Kuwait air flight or one of their partners.

#2 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by Captain_Bob on 14/10/2011 at 12:46

Air Asia is a point-to-point carrier, i.e. they don't have "connecting" flights except for Fly-Thru which doesn't apply in your case. So you have to go through immigration, baggage collection, and check in again for the AA flight. Bummer!

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,891

Posted by sayadian on 14/10/2011 at 13:02

Thanks all.
Yes I was afraid I'd have to do this.
Maybe it's something airlines could address in future.A little cooperation between them, even if they charge a handling fee, would go a long way to help the poor old passenger.

#4 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.