Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Back packing from India to Japan and back

Posted by frastam on 18/12/2011 at 00:39

I am planning for back packing from India to Japan and back ,via Myanmar-Thailand-Laos-Vietnam-Cambodia-Malaysia -Singapore-Indonesia-Philippines-Hong kong-Taiwan-Japan-South Korea -North Korea --China(Beijing-Shanghai)-Tibet-Nepal -India. Please Guide me with visa ,transport and extra information.Thanks

#1 frastam has been a member since 18/12/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by DLuek on 18/12/2011 at 05:54 TF writer

Well now, that's quite a tall request!!!

I have no clue how the India to Myanmar border works, and waltzing through North Korea on your way from South Korea to China should be a breeze (lol yeah right), but beyond that the itinerary looks to be in good order. Assuming you can go from India to Myanmar over land, you can do the whole thing over land up until Singapore to Indo. From then on Air Asia flies some of the subsequent routes (depending on where you're going in Indo), but you'll probably have to pay more for flights from Hong Kong onwards. I've never actually been but I'm pretty sure foreigners need to be part of a paid tour to go into Tibet nowadays...

Do some research and come back with more specific questions. Travelfish only covers SE Asia. www.indiamike.com is a good forum for questions on India/Nepal/Tibet. For China/Korea/Japan/Taiwan I'd guess your best bet is Lonely Planet's thorntree forum.

Your request is one of the more absurd ones I've seen in a while, but I must say I'm intrigued. Good luck.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,176
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.