Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

would like to confirm please?

Posted by leeturnbull82 on 5/1/2012 at 19:43

Hi Everyone, firstly a great thankyou because if it wasnt for this website EVERYTHING would be so much more difficult! :-)
Me and my gf have been saving up for just over 2 years to go travelling for hopefully around 6 months, we are looking to go to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam, after reading the visa section here we have decided rather than obtaining all our visas beforehand we will just obtain them all on arrival (except the Vietnamese which we believe will be best obtained in Bangkok)

I guess what i am wanting is confirmation that this will be ok to do without hassles? And actually be more hassle free that getting them beforehand! Any information will be great (oh and if it makes any difference i am british and she is american)

I have other queries but will post in the correct section.

Thankyou on helping us with our dream!

#1 leeturnbull82 has been a member since 5/1/2012. Posts: 7

Posted by DLuek on 6/1/2012 at 01:00 TF writer

Hi,

Yes, cheaper and probably easier to do it all in SE Asia. Not sure where you're starting from, but if Thailand you'll get 30 days visa free when you land. If you need to stay longer than that you'd want to get a Thai visa before you leave. Bangkok is a fine place to get a Vietnam visa.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,185
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by oasisbarhatien on 7/1/2012 at 20:13

Posted from within Vietnam.

Although it is relatively easy to obtain a visa for Vietnam in the Embassy in Bangkok,it's actually a lot quicker and cheaper to get it in Cambodia,either in Phnom Penh,or best-Sihanoukville

#3 oasisbarhatien has been a member since 12/8/2010. Posts: 113
 Send oasisbarhatien a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.