Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Vietnam VOA - Port of Entry

Posted by techuk on 1/3/2012 at 07:10

Hi

I am travelling to Vietnam at the end of March, flying from Gatwick to Hanoi , immediately followed by a connecting flight from Hanoi to Ho Chi Min (less than 2 hour wait for connection).

I am in the process of applying for a Visa Invitation letter using Vietnam visa pro, my question is what Port of entry should I state?

I am guessing that I will not clear immigration until I reach Ho Chi Min, but will Vietnam airlines let me board Gatwick -> Hanoi?

I'm confused and considering applying for a full Visa via the embassy. Any advice would be very welcome!

Thanks

Tech-UK

#1 techuk has been a member since 1/3/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by eastwest on 1/3/2012 at 23:00

You have to check your flight carefully. If your plane just makes a stop in Hanoi and you can remain seated in the plane then HCMC will be your point of entry.

However, if you have to change planes, which seems likely if your first flight is strictly to Hanoi, and then you have to change planes you'll need to pass through immigration to go to domestic terminal. Then your point of entry would be Hanoi and you have to make sure that your VOA is for Hanoi.

Hope it helps

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.