Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Thai Visa

Posted by ttsteve on 2/5/2012 at 08:03

I am a US citizen, flying into Vietnam (have my visa already) then traveling by land through Cambodia and eventually into Thailand. I will be in Thailand from June 12 until July 1. I understand that because I'm entering Thailand by land I am only getting 15 days.

Is there an Embassy in Cambodia that I can get a 30 day tourist visa? What type of visa will I need for this 18-19 day stay in Thailand?

#1 ttsteve has been a member since 22/11/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by svendj on 2/5/2012 at 08:08

just a regular tourist visa for 1 month.
available to get in phnom penh and Sihanoukville.

#2 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Send svendj a private message   Where has svendj been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Posted by sayadian on 2/5/2012 at 10:32

I thought tourist visas are for 2 months?
Where is the consulate in Sihanoukville? The Embassy in Phnom Penh is quite a long way out of the centre not so far from the Russian market.

#3 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Posted by goonistik on 3/5/2012 at 01:56

I think all you need is an extension, however that will cost 1,900 Baht. This is what the US Embassy in Bangkok says:

#4 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 5/5/2012 at 00:24

Only place you can get a Thai tourist visa in Cambodia is the Thai embassy in Phnom Penh (takes two days). This would get you a 60-day entry. However it's probably more efficient in your case to just get the 15-day visa-exempt entry (by land) then go to the nearest Immigration office and get a 7-day extension for 1900 baht. Either that or fly cheap ( from Phnom Penh to Bangkok then you'll get 30 days visa-exempt (by air).

#5 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,947

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.