Text page

Visas and border crossings

Visas and border crossings forum

7 Weeks in Thailand which Visa

Posted by guernseydan on 2/7/2012 at 15:56

Im planning on spending 7 weeks in Thailand

14th Aug until 30th Sep

Whats my best option?

do i just apply for a single entry tourist 60 day visa from the Thai Consulate in Hull if i post them my passport

i know its free if i fly in for 30 days but i would have to leave and fly back in to get a further 30days, so if i pay 25quid i should get a 60 day stamp before i leave the uk? Right?

cant find the info!

Thanks in advance!

#1 guernseydan has been a member since 26/12/2010. Posts: 52

Posted by goonistik on 2/7/2012 at 20:50

Yes. Just apply for a 60-day tourist visa. Single-entry is fine if you don't plan to leave Thailand. The info is here:


According to the Thai Embassy website this is the website of the consul in Hull.

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563

Posted by Captain_Bob on 3/7/2012 at 00:50

Yep, the Hull consulate is your baby http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com They do single/double/triple entry tourist visas so just plan how many times you want to re/enter Thailand. This will also clear the way with airlines requiring either a visa or proof of onward air ticket within 30 days (randomly enforced). Just a technicality, you will get a 60-day entry on arrival (not before you leave the UK) which can be extended 30 days at immigration for 1900 baht, but each entry expires if/when you leave (side-trip to Laos, Cambodia, etc.)

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,955

Posted by guernseydan on 4/7/2012 at 13:17

I wont be leaving so i need 60 so i will apply for a single entry from the Hull Consulate which costs 25quid,

i have 3 weeks till i leave so should have plenty of time!

thanks Guys

#4 guernseydan has been a member since 26/12/2010. Posts: 52

Posted by altmtl on 4/7/2012 at 14:00

Like everyone said, get the 60 day single entry, I'll be doing that my next visit as I'm not sure how long I'll stay... maybe only 40 - but I want the flexibility.

#5 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,003

Posted by apennstar on 5/7/2012 at 04:18

I have been talking to a few people about a similar situation and it seems a lot of people don't know you only get 15 days if you enter Thailand without a visa.

So if you leave Thailand before your visa and come back in via road make sure you have less than 15 days left.

#6 apennstar has been a member since 5/7/2012. Posts: 1

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.