Text page

Visas and border crossings

Visas and border crossings forum

thailand visa

Posted by XxSMIL3xX on 10/9/2012 at 06:27

i ll be in thailand from 10/10/12 till 26/11/12.
46 days.

then i ll return to greece for 2-3 weeks and i ll go again in thailand try to stay as more as possible.

so should i try just to take a 30 days tourist visa and then fly to laos or cambodia to extend it?the extend will be for 7 or 15 days or maybe 30?if it is for 15 i really need 16.am i going to have any problem for 1 day?
so for the second trip i ll be able to take a double or a triple multi entry visa?

#1 XxSMIL3xX has been a member since 10/6/2012. Posts: 7

Posted by Captain_Bob on 10/9/2012 at 09:43

Arrival without a visa (visa exemption) you get 30 days by air or 15 days by land. Get a tousist visa in your home country from a Thai embassy/consulate, OR fly in visa-exempt then after 30 days go to Laos/Cambodia/Malaysia/Myanmar border and come back in with 15 days visa-exempt. Overstaying 1 day only is usually not a big problem but still best to avoid it.

You can only extend a visa exemption 7 days at Thai Immigration offices throughout the country (for 1900 baht). If you leave Thailand it expires, but then you get a new one upon return. To stay longer than 30/15 days requires a tourist visa. The Thai consulate in Vientiane Laos issues double-entry visas for 2000 baht, takes 2 days to get it. Each entry is then 60 days and can be extended 30 more at Immigration for 1900 baht. This is the easiest way to stay in Thailand for longer periods.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,955

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.