Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

declaring medications etc at customs when arriving in Thailand

Posted by savvyamber on 1/5/2007 at 20:18

Hi does anyone know if you are better off to declare prescription medications at customs when arriving in thailand and crossing borders etc - still unsure about that kinda stuff - also what about diet sugar pills (worried they could be mistaken for something else like drugs)

#1 savvyamber has been a member since 1/5/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by exacto on 2/5/2007 at 05:17

hi sawyamber,

i'm afraid i can't say if you should declare prescription meds or not. i never did, but i don't carry many prescriptions either. i would definitely recommend that you have the standard prescription label on whatever meds you are carrying, including your name and your doctor's name as well as the description of the medication. if you can, you'd also do well to have a copy of the prescription itself to show customs officials and anyone else who may be interested. i hope that helps. cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,685
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by savvyamber on 2/5/2007 at 08:36

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don't have the prescriptions as chemist has kept them - but they have labels with my name on.
Looks like I won't be declaring anything then.

Cheers =)

#3 savvyamber has been a member since 1/5/2007. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.