Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

Slow boat from chau doc to PP border crossing

Posted by Amiecallie on 28/9/2012 at 09:12

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello, a couple of questions about the slow boat crossing the border between chau doc in Vietnam and PP, Cambodia.
I have read a lot in forums on here some say there is no slow boat and then some people say the slow boat is more comfortable and has a toilet and only takes 6 hours.
Well we are in a dilemma with what to do, we opted for a slow boat as we are on a really tight budget and don't mind a longer boat journey. However all day today our guide has been on at us to pay a little extra and get a fast boat saying because its wet season the boat will be up and down suggesting its not safe and fast boat is 'better for us'. Today it poured down all day, has anyone actually been on the slow boat in wet season in pouring rain? How was it? Also he told us it would take 12 hours, and the fast boat 5 is this true?
He showed us a picture of the fast boat and slow boat, the slow doesn't look that bad I just think he's after our money but I want to know if its safe.
Also, I read up that the visa should cost $20 for Cambodia (I'm British) and again we are on a tight budget and only have that exact with us, and today he told us it was $24, has anyone been recently? Is the extra just for 'stamp charges' that you don't really have to pay for?
Anyway if it is advised that we should get the fast boat and the visa is correct we can get more money from an ATM, just don't really want to get such a small amount of dong out because of charges etc.
Hope you can help!

#1 Amiecallie has been a member since 28/9/2012. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.