Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

ATM at Don Mueang Airport before immigration

Posted by laurentiu on 24/11/2012 at 01:03

Does anybody know if there is an ATM before immigration at Don Mueang? I get VOA and I understand I have to show some cash proof. I am in India now and would not want to withdraw and exchange rupees and such. Thank you.

#1 laurentiu has been a member since 12/12/2011. Posts: 14

Posted by exacto on 24/11/2012 at 09:42

Lauren,

There certainly used to be ATMs at Don Mueang before the immigration checkpoint, and at least one staffed foreign exchange booth too, but I haven't flown into Don Mueang on an international flight since the new airport opened, so I don't know if those ATMs are still there or not.

Are you concerned about demonstrating that you have proof of sufficient funds for your visit? This is technically required, but I've never seen anyone asked for this unless they look like they just washed ashore. Usually even a bank statement and an ATM card would satisfy this requirement if asked.

Which country's passport are you using? Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,650
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by laurentiu on 25/11/2012 at 11:37

Thank you @exacto. I have a Romanian passport which does not help much. I think I will get the cash and print my hotel bookings and onward tickets, just in case.

#3 laurentiu has been a member since 12/12/2011. Posts: 14

Posted by exacto on 25/11/2012 at 12:16

fair enough. after you arrive, will you please be sure to let us know if there are ATMs or exchange booths before the customs and immigration checkpoint? there are not many international flights to don muang airport - only budget airlines and charter flights - but it would be nice to know if there are still ATMs in the arrivals area.

which airline are you flying?

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,650
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by laurentiu on 26/11/2012 at 11:06

AirAsia has a cheap flight from Chennai to Don Mueang. I will post here what I find in the arrivals terminal.

#5 laurentiu has been a member since 12/12/2011. Posts: 14

Posted by laurentiu on 1/1/2013 at 09:22

Posted from within Vietnam.

Just to update this thread. There are no ATMs in the arrivals area at Don Mueang. I got the cash but the immigration officers did not ask to see it. They even helped me bypass the huge line of Indian passengers waiting.

#6 laurentiu has been a member since 12/12/2011. Posts: 14

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.