Photo: .

Visas and border crossings forum

China visa on arrival

Posted by leopang on 16/12/2012 at 04:19

Just back from border city of Hekou(China) and Lao Cai(Vietnam)

Confirm with China immigration that they do not issue visa on arrival all over China with the except at Hong Kong

The visa for a 45 days multiple crossing applied strictly only to the local resident>Lao Cai(Vietnam) and Hekou(China) resident only.

Immigration operating hours from 0800am to 2000 hours at this border crossing ,Hekou/Lao Cai>> note that also subject to time zone difference.

The China immigration currently is under going renovation with temporary container office for daily use.

White embarkment card in not required at Vietnam side.

The China side need to fill up the simple card per entry and another card upon exit.

Hekou and Lao Cai is separate by a short bridge(about 50 meter) within walking distance,not required to take any form of transportation

#1 leopang has been a member since 16/12/2012. Posts: 6

Posted by caseyprich on 16/12/2012 at 05:27

Confirmed? I could have confirmed that for you and saved you the trip to the border.

(are you a robot?)

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by Fabian on 4/2/2013 at 06:23

Maybe someone can answer this one:

I am travelling through China.

And I am using the last entry of my visa (I applied and got 2, but I went out to southeast asia countries, and then got back into China again).

My flight home leaves from Beijing.

I want to go to Hong Kong (I don't need a visa for HK).

When in HK,

do I need to apply for a new visa for China to go back to Beijing, or my visa is still valid?

Have I "burned out" my last entrance when I got into HK, or I am "still in China itself" somehow?

This thing of HK has me puzzled...

Thanks if anyone know the ansewer.

Fabian.

#3 Fabian has been a member since 4/2/2013. Posts: 3

Posted by MWasser6 on 4/2/2013 at 07:33

It used to be the case that you wouldn't be allowed back on your two entry visa. Recently, however, there have been changes to the visa policy allowing foreigners (from certain countries) en route somewhere else to have up to 72 hours in the country without a visa to facilitate business and what not. So you may be able to take advantage of this if you are only go to fly out and already have a ticket, but just do some due diligence.

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/beijing/visa-free.htm

#4 MWasser6 has been a member since 6/8/2012. Posts: 19

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.